To be the 1st leading center of excellence in comprehensive services for the local agricultural SEs in the Northeastern of Thailand
1. To create the training, services and networking for new jobs and more incomes for local agricultural SEs
2. To develop the training, services and networking for new jobs and more incomes for local agricultural SEs
3. To promote the training, services and networking for new jobs and more incomes for local agricultural SEs
Mahasarakham University Social Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub (MSU-SEKH) has been developed under the Erasmus+ Capacity Building Project of the European Union with the objective to strengthen innovative social entrepreneurship practices for disruptive business settings in Thailand and Myanmar (Erasmus-StepUP) since January 2020. MSU-SEKH is a part of Faculty of Engineering, Mahasarakham University, Thailand, in cooperated with Mahasarakham University Industry University Cooperation Center (MSU-UIC).
MSU-SEKH has a vision to be the 1st leading center of excellence in comprehensive services for the local agricultural SEs in the Northeastern of Thailand by providing:
• SE trainings (upskill & reskill)
• SE consulting (products, services and marketing)
• SE developments (products, innovation and services)
• SE business matching
• SE networking (public relations, event organization and competitions)
MSU-SEKH has goals to fully operate by January 2022 while achieving at least 10 SEs counseling services and more than 20 and 30 SEs within 2024 and 2026 by increase incomes for the local SEs by 5-10% of their current revenues (SE sector based) and create at least 5-10 new jobs or startups/companies within 2024-2026.
The target markets for MSU-SEKH are mainly focused on agricultural SE and senior citizen SE with the following target customers:
• students/alumni who want to be the SE/startup/companies
• Exiting SE/farmer groups who are running business in the local areas
• aspiring SE
• local policy creators
• community leaders
• business organizers
By coordinating with MSU and MSU-UIC, the institutions that provide teaching, research and academic and industry services, the MSU-SEKH could be easily linked and transferred the new or up-to-date technologies and knowledge to the hub and thus providing more effective or better solutions for the local SEs.
The hub has strategic plans to conduct the services for local SEs, startups and companies continuously even after the end of the Erasmus-StepUP project. The estimated incomes for the hub would be increased by 5-10% per year while serving more than 5-10% back to communities at the same time.